Putting the Passion & Results into PR
Public Relations (PR) is a great, but often underused, tool for dog trainers. Media coverage is probably one of the most powerful and cost-effective ways to reach clients and broaden understanding of reward-based training methods.
Local papers (both online and offline), special interest magazines, local radio, TV, and online news channels all provide PR opportunities for dog trainers & behaviour professionals. With the right approach, it is possible to achieve great media coverage and reach new clients.
By developing media relations, you can:
- Raise the profile of your services
- Reach potential clients
- Increase public awareness of reward-based training methods
- Establish yourself as the ‘go-to’ person for comment on dog-related media issues
The only investment you need to make is that of your time and ideas!
How to tell your story to the media
Public relations may seem scary; however it needn’t be this way. Taking a step back and thinking about your business, clients (both human and hound) and your passion, will help generate ideas that can become media stories.
PR is simply about telling stories – Janet Murray.
When you’re passionate about what you do, that passion and sincerity can be the key to successful media coverage.
Our webinars and seminars will help you:
- Identify and develop media stories
- Understand what makes a good media story
- Write email pitches to journalists
- Produce polished press releases
- Prepare for press and media interviews
- Deal with crisis PR
Start generating media coverage now
If you’d like to unlock the passion and results in your PR activity, sign up to one of our webinars or seminars.